Add some versatile mic goodness to your locker today!
Includes Stainless Steel CHI mic body, shock mount, and choice of any 1 Stainless C-LOL Large (Lollipop) capsule-module, all in a Premium Wood Case.
The 3 Zigma CHI System is designed to be an extremely flexible platform offering the demanding engineer a range of sounds going from the most classic vintage toned capsules to the most true to the source, “straight wire”, modern specs capsules. Made to be reliable and robust, this microphone system must be regarded as a long term investment, and one that can only grow: indeed, as you add more capsules and accessories, your CHI system will expand and offer more options thus enhancing your recording, helping you getting the sounds you’re after in the studio and generally speaking, broadening your sound “palette” when recording.
Choose between two body styles, the uber-clean transformerless or the high SPL, somewhat “colored” HA-FX transformer version with pad and hi-pass filter.
Two head-amps (bodies) available:
- Transformerless Model HA-TLII
Extremely clean, straight wire with gain preamp body
- Transformer-Coupled Model HA-FX
Features 3-Way Pad and 3-Way High-Pass Switch
Lollipop Capsule Choices
- C-Lol-12: Designed with the C12* in mind, this capsule will give the CHI head amp the color of the vintage Austrian condenser which became a favorite for pop vocal recordings. Nice predictable polar pattern control with deep bass response.
- C-Lol-47: Designed with the U47* in mind, this capsule will give the CHI head amp the color of the famous old German condenser which became a classic for mellow vocal recordings. More directional than a straight Cardioid, but still considered to be a Cardioid capsule. Can very “Robust” used close to the source.
- C-Lol-67: Designed with the U67* in mind, this capsule will give the CHI head amp the color of the “other” famous old German condenser which became the first choice for “present” vocal recordings when the U47* didn’t deliver enough HF information. Nice, even Cardioid response, with predictable proximity effect.
- C-Lol-251: Designed as an alternative to the C12*, to emulate the ELAM 251* and its unique treble presence. The top octave has a unique 15K peak but the presence band peaks right in the middle of the vocal range. This is a perfect modern pop microphone. Like the C-Lol-12, it has a nice, even, Cardioid response, with gradual, predictable proximity effect.
*U47, U67, C12, and ELAM 251 are Trademarks of their respective companies and not at all related to 3 Zigma Audio.